Systech NDS-5000 Terminal Server
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 6.8
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low skill level to exploit
- Vendor: Systech Corporation
- Equipment: NDS-5000 Terminal Server
- Vulnerability: Cross-site Scripting
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow information disclosure, limit system availability, and may allow remote code execution.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of NDS-5000 Terminal Server, a network server, are affected:
- NDS-5000 Terminal Server, NDS/5008 (8 Port, RJ45), firmware Version 02D.30
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
The affected product is vulnerable to a stored cross-site scripting error, which may allow an attacker to perform privileged operations on behalf of the user, gain access to sensitive data belonging to the user, and remotely execute arbitrary code.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Healthcare and Public Health
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: United States
Murat Aydemir, Critical Infrastructure Penetration Test Specialist at Biznet Bilisim A.S., reported this vulnerability to CISA.
CISA recommends users take the following measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks:
- Do not click web links or open unsolicited attachments in email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B–Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability.