Delta Industrial Automation DIAEnergie
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 9.8
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/Low attack complexity
- Vendor: Delta Industrial Automation
- Equipment: DIAEnergie
- Vulnerability: Use of Hard-coded Credentials
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could lead to remote code execution.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
Delta Industrial Automation reports the following versions of DIAEnergie, an industrial energy management system, are affected:
- DIAEnergie Version 1.8.0 and prior
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
3.2.1 USE OF HARD-CODED CREDENTIALS CWE-798
Executable files could be uploaded to certain directories using hard-coded bearer authorization, allowing remote code execution.
CVE-20XX-XXXX has been assigned to this vulnerability. A CVSS v3 base score of 9.8 has been calculated; the CVSS vector string is (AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H).
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Taiwan
Y4er working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative reported this vulnerability to CISA.
Delta Industrial Automation fixed the reported vulnerability in Version 1.9 and recommends all users update affected systems.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability these vulnerabilities. Specifically, users should:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls and isolate them from business networks.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize VPN is only as secure as its connected devices.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics. Several CISA products detailing cyber defense best practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.